Wednesday, April 13, 2011

This is my first time... please be gentle

Last week after sharing an amusing story with a friend of mine she asked if I was keeping a journal of the funny things my kids did. I wasnt, but it got me thinking. Who doesnt love to hear about the scampish tales they got up to before they could be held truly accountable? I liked the idea of being able to recount the stories of my children's childhood long after my poor sleep deprived brain has decided those messy filing cabinets of memories are just far too troublesome to bother with. Now I love real letters- I love sending actual mail and finding things in my post box (which I often do thanks to my wonderful gran) but I dont enjoy the writing part. It starts off neat, legible, in capitals, reasonably straight and before you know it my paper is almost upside down and I am scribbling diagonally. I didnt want my kids thinking I was taught to write by bungee jumping spiders so I decided to type instead. Then I thought maybe I should share the fun with you, dear reader (or gran) so here goes.

Currently I am the mom to 2 wonderful, smart, cute, sweet children.... WHO ARE TRYING TO KILL ME!! Okay that is perhaps a tad dramatic... It's not that bad...they are just trying to kill me (aren't things so much more relaxed without capitals!) But seriously my mission is to share not only the wonderful heart warming moments of motherhood... but also the infuriating, alopecia inducing moments of sheer arghhhh too. Hence the title of this blog. I don't mean to be crass but I have a feeling that, like a camping holiday where everyone catches flu and the tent floods, it will be the crazy, naughty moments that bring about the most laughs down the line. Now as I am starting this almost 2 years into my daughters life I may have to do some back tracking, and I can't promise endless hilarity but I will try my best.

1 comment:

  1. This is the first time I've seen your blog! I'm so excited to be able to keep up with the Doyle clan and be amused by your awesome writing :)

    ReplyDelete